SUSTAINABLE GOVERNANCE OF MEDITERRANEAN WETLANDS: “Wetland Contracts as voluntary agreements for stakeholder engagement and empowerment”
The Wetnet project will organize a summer school in Caorle Venice (Italy) in June. The summer school aims to to build capacity on sustainable governance addressing target groups involved in wetland management to facilitate the uptake of the Wetland Contract model at Mediterranean scale. This high level training event will be the opportunity to foster the coordination and networking of Mediterranean wetlands, transferring the lessons learned in the project to the larger Mediterranean community.
• National and regional decision makers on wetland management
• Managing directors and technical officers of Med wetlands
• International NGOs members active on wetland management at Med scale
• Practitioners and researchers on wetland governance issues
• Graduated students (PhD and/or MD) in wetland governance related topics
SUMMER SCHOOL OBJETIVES:
• to build capacity on sustainable governance of protected wetlands addressirg target groups involved in wetlands management;
• to facilitate the uptake of the Wetlands Contract model by Wetnlands Management Authorities at Mediterranean Scale;
• to foster the coordinating and networking of Mediterranean protected wetlands
• to set up and make avaiable a training format replicable within the Mediterranenan community.
English (English/Italian translation will be offered)
SUMMER SCHOOL FIGURES
5 days of training with of interactive classes, thematic seminars, role play games and living laboratories based on 9 case studies (WetNet Pilot Areas), and field activities.
International experts have been invited as lecturers and international students from Med Countries (Interreg Med Cooperation Area: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cyprus, Croatia, France, Gibraltar-UK, Greece, Italy, Malta, Montenegro, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain).